Skip to content
- Gesangbuchbibliographie Mainz. Mainz hymnal bibliography – contains over 28,000 hymnbook titles in German.
- Verzeichnis der im deutschen Sprachbereich erschienenen Drucke des 16. -18. Jahrhunderts: VD 16, VD17, VD 18 – a catalogue of all known books and pamphlets from the German-speaking region printed in the sixteenth through eighteenth centuries.
- Gesangbücher in Württemberg: Hymnals in Württemberg – a project of the State Library of Württemberg.
- Europeana: a portal to digital collections of European museums, libraries, etc., including many hymnological sources.
- Oremus: an online hymnal in the Anglican tradition, with texts and MIDI files of tunes used in much of the English-speaking world.
- Melodiarium hymnologicum Bohemiae: a digital catalogue of monophonic Latin, Czech, and German sacred song found in sources located in the Czech lands or imported into the Czech lands up until the eighteenth century.
- Old hymn tunes from Finland: hymn melodies from Finnish manuscripts of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
- hymnary.org: an index of hymn texts and tunes from North American sources.
- Hymn Tune Index: a census of all known hymn tunes printed with English-language texts up through 1820, with their publication history.
- Größte christliche Liederdatenbank: a database of hymns with texts, mostly in the Protestant free church tradition
- Charles Wesley’s published works online
- Historisch-kritisches Liederlexikon: a database of popular and traditional songs, including hymns, maintained by the Deutsches Volksliedarchiv in Freiburg.
- Liedboek van die Kerk (2001): database with additional hymns.