The IAH utilizes for its own events two conference models:
- International conferences are held every two years, each time in a different country.
- Regional meetings of varying size and duration take place at different intervals across Europe.
Preview of future IAH conferences
- September 7–9, 2020: A regional conference in the German language on the topic “Quality in Hymns” will take place in Herborn Castle. More information here.
- February 18, 2021 (Thursday): IAH Day, a German-language regional conference, will be held at the Francke Foundations in Halle/Saale (Germany). More information here.
- July 17–21, 2022: The next international conference, a joint meeting with the British and North American societies, will be held in Washington, D.C. (USA). More information here.
Conferences of other organizations
- July 12–16, 2020: Annual conference of the Hymn Society in the United States and Canada. Originally planned for Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia (USA), it was instead held entirely online. Video recordings of the conference sessions are available to paid attendees until the end of 2020 (more information here).
- The annual conference of the Hymn Society of Great Britain and Ireland has been postponed until 2021 due to the pandemic. More information here.